On May 5, 2009, at 11:50 AM, Eric E. Dolecki wrote:
Probably only 10... however I understand that a plist can't store complex data... how would this work for pairs? Normally I'd only be able to store just a list of scores, not paired with names, correct?

A property list is composed of a relatively arbitrary collection of NSArray, NSString, NSDate, NSNumber, and NSString instances arranged pretty much however you like. So, name/score pairs are trivial to represent. Of course, if you use names as key, you can only have one score per name unless you, say, hang an array off the dictionary as a value.

Or you could create a simple class that holds your name/score tables however it wants to....

@interface MyScoreTable : NSObject <NSCoding>
{
        NSMutableArray *names;
        NSMutableArray *scores;
@end

And then implement the NSCoding methods to read/write archived versions of the names/scores.

Or you could just shove 'em all in a string:

Bob\t100\n
Fred\t120\n
Bob\t90\n
Joe\t220\n
bbum\t1000042\n

And then parse that w/a bit of "componentsSeparatedByString:" hackery. Not exactly efficient, but for only 10 items, it really matters not.

b.bum
(Who is terribly good at games, as you can see from my masterful score above)