On May 5, 2009, at 5:04 PM, Malayil George wrote:

I don't think I have a leak...quite the opposite. I think the sample app I'm playing with is crashing because I might be releasing an object too soon.
Which is why I resorted to retainCounts to try and track it down...

You can track that down in Instruments, too. Use the object alloc instrument and turn on retain/release logging before you start. Then you'll get full stack traces when an object is created/retained/ released/deallocated.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>