I'll also ask a follow-up question, and that is, if one puts an NSNotification onto the thread's NSNotificationQueue in a method called by performSelectorInBackground..., then is it safe to assume this notification will probably never get sent because the thread spawned automatically by performSelectorInBackground would have exited before that thread's NSNotificationQueue got a chance to deliver its notifications?

- Eric