On 2009 May 09, at 05:04, Marcelo Cicconet wrote:

But the sheet doesn't appear properly (attached to the window) and the
method orderOut: doesn't work.

Ah, I'm so glad you asked this, since I spent a couple hours tracking this down myself last week and after finding no advice in the archives was thinking that I must be really stupid.

If your window is created in Interface Builder, open the Inspector on it and in the Attributes pane make sure that "Visible on Launch" is NOT checked. If it is, the window will display immediately as a freestanding window, before you get a chance to "attach" it.

I've tried to use the custom sheet in a second thread, but I don't
know if this is the problem.

Not sure what you mean by "use".  Read this:

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/Multithreading/ThreadSafetySummary/ThreadSafetySummary.html