Thanks for your reply Jerry.  I'll try putting the -Rf before listing the
paths.  You mentioned newer and better methods in 10.4 and 10.5 and since I
am only planning to support these, could you give me a bit more detail to
what you are referring to.

You've almost got it.  I believe this might come close to working,
assuming for example that you want -Rf options on cp:

    <key>Program</key>
    <string>/bin/cp</string>
    <key>ProgramArguments</key>
    <array>
        <string>-R</string>
        <string>f</string>
        <string>/source/path</string>
        <string>/destin/path</string>
    </array>

By the way, if cp works for you, that's fine but there are newer and
better methods available in Mac OS 10.4, 10.5.