Hi Jack,

Your best bet is probably to create a new nib file that contains a top- level view which is your "subview". Then, have outlets on the File's Owner that connect to your various controls like the text field (or just use bindings). In your code, then you would instantiate this nib as many times as you needed. For information on how to do this, see the Resource Programming guide:
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/LoadingResources/CocoaNibs/CocoaNibs.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/10000051i-CH4-SW8

Kevin

Kevin Cathey