Le 11 mai 09 à 23:06, Alastair Houghton a écrit :

On 11 May 2009, at 19:08, "Sean McBride" <s...@rogue-research.com> wrote:

On 5/11/09 1:55 PM, Alastair Houghton said:

I'm not sure whether this is now classed as legacy behaviour, but on
HFS+ at least, Finder looks at the "bundle bit" to determine whether
something is treated as a bundle or just an ordinary folder.

Are you sure the Finder consults the bundle bit?  I would think that
it's Launch Services doing that.

Well I don't know, to be honest. I've always assumed it's Finder that checks, but maybe it is LS.

Also, I don't think the bundle bit is 'legacy'.

I should explain what I meant a bit better. My point was more that the bundle bit is HFS specific, so like the type and creator codes, while it's good to set it, I'm not sure anything should be relying on it.

It's more or less HFS specific. You should not care about what file system you're using. If it it HFS, the OS will use the native storage, if this is an FS that support ext attr, it will use ext attr, if this is something else, it will create a ._ file, … Or maybe I miss a not that said that FSGetCatalogInfo works only on HFS volume ?