Hello,

I'm finalizing an application which disallows document saving when not
registered.  I've put interrupts in my NSDocument subclass' -saveDocument: and
-saveDocumentAs: methods so that [super ...] is only invoked if the application
is registered.

However, I've just noticed that when a document is modified so that the undo
stack is not empty (ie. every time the user closes a non-empty document -
approximately 100% of cases) neither of these methods are called.  So the trial
user can successfully save by closing and choosing "Save..." in the resulting
dialog.  I've also interrupted -openDocument: in my MainMenuController so the
user cannot open the document manually, but the modified document appears in
the Open Recent submenu!

I suppose what I'm trying to ask is what method gets invoked upon a prompted
save to a modified document as opposed to a manual save via the menu bar /
toolbar?

---

As an additional note, I'm not too familiar with "hacking," but from what I
have read on the subject I believe it may be possible (maybe even easy) to
remove methods from a class, and thus my interrupts would be removed and
saving/opening could be enabled for unregistered users.  Granted, other
functionality is also disabled but I was wondering if there was a more
"hacker-proof" way to disable such functionality?  Maybe notifications?

---

Any suggestions or advice in either subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance as always,

- Dave H.