Read up on -[NSAlert window]

On 13 May 2009, at 14:10, Dennis Christopher wrote:

On this subject, I am having difficulty putting up a second modal sheet (alert) for the same window. I call beginSheetModalForWindow in the didEnd selector of the first alert, if you follow my meaning. It seems I get some kind of unexpected behaviour doing this, including the floating alert case. Or the secondary alert appearing twice. I guess I dont understand what counts as the first sheet being dismissed. I would have thought that the didEnd selector being called was sufficient??

Dennis Christopher
On May 12, 2009, at 1:01 PM, cocoa-dev-requ...@lists.apple.com wrote:

Message: 15
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 09:49:46 -0700
From: Greg Guerin <glgue...@amug.org>
Subject: Re: Special requirements for the window param of NSAlert
      beginSheetModalForWindow?
To: list-cocoa-dev <cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com>

Sean McBride wrote:

I ask because sometimes the alert is not displayed as a sheet on that
window but instead it's floating on its own, attached to no other
window.

I have seen this "detached sheet" behavior when the parent window
already had a sheet open. Make sure there's not already another sheet
on the window.  And ensure no other subsequent sheet attaches to the
window until the first sheet is dismissed.

 -- GG

This email sent to cocoa...@mikeabdullah.net