On 5/15/09 11:52 AM, "Mike Abdullah" <cocoa...@mikeabdullah.net> wrote:

> If you have no idea what the First Responder is, you are clearly out
> of your depth. Step back and read up on the Responder Chain. It is a
> very important concept and central to Cocoa.
>
> Mike Abdullah.

I know what a First Responder is, I just do not know, in this instance,
which object it is.  The debugger shows a call to openRecentDocument: in the
call chain and ascribes it to NSDocumentController (but marked as
"NSPrivate").  Hence, I tried using my override of NSDocumentController to
capture this menu event although I was aware that openRecentDocument: was
not in the corresponding API.

openRecentDocument: is so far the only method I have seen that comes close
to being what I was looking for.

I'm still looking.

--
Mike McLaughlin