On May 17, 2009, at 9:07 PM, Eric E. Dolecki wrote:

I just want to be sure of something - if I set the images to cache, when I load the same url again, the image is coming from memory - because I put in
a progress bar and the images loaded already I thought would have an
instantly populated progress bar, but they still load with progress (albeit
quicker).

If you are using the default cache policy, there is no guarantee whether the resource is in memory, on disk, or will be reloaded from its remote source (although you could make a reasonable assumption on the latter). Also, the cache is always validated in these cases, so there will always be some latency.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.