On May 18, 2009, at 4:16 PM, Mike Manzano wrote:

First, let me say thanks for your reply. I think I was able to implement a similar algorithm for detecting when a cell has gone off- screen by overriding the table view's -willRemoveSubview:.

That's great if this works, but it's making a very big assumption about the underlying API implementation, and could break in the future. There's no contract in the API that cells will be removed from their superview when they go out of view, so even if this strategy does work now, it could break in the future.

Luke