I am seeing a strange behavior in 10.4 only where my NSSecureTextField does not get the focus until after I have hit the TAB key, or forced it to be the first responder after all of the screen updates are complete. The cursor is in the control and typed text appears correctly, but my delegate

- (void)controlTextDidChange:(NSNotification *)aNotification

does not get called.

Any thoughts of what 10.4 expects (as opposed to 10.5 +)

Rich Collyer