I directly bind my UI to the shared user defaults controller and I use key value observing to watch for changes.

Steven Riggs

On May 20, 2009, at 6:24 PM, Rick Mann wrote:

How useful is it to bind (in IB) to NSSharedUserDefaultsController, in practice? I have a couple checkboxes bound to properties foo and bar in my app delegate. There are a couple other properties that are dependent on foo and bar.

I'd like for the values of foo and bar to be persisted across launches, so it makes sense for them to be prefs. That makes me think that I could bind the checkboxes to the NSShareduserDefaultsController, but my app needs to take action when those change.

Maybe the best way is to implement the setters/getters for foo and bar, and within those, set and get the user defaults. But as I think about it, it seems that one would never directly bind UI to NSShareduserDefaultsController.

Am I missing something?

TIA,
--
Rick