On 23/05/2009, at 11:16 AM, archana udupa wrote:

I m a new to cocoa.Thanks in advance, for the ppl who can help me...:)
We hav to develop an application similar to file merge with more added
features to it in cocoa.We hav 2 NSTextview subclass,where we display the files.We can edit it both the files. I wanna save the changes made to the file. In simple i hav to create a save option for both the files. How can i
do tat?

Well, what have you tried so far? Saving a file can be done in many different ways, so maybe focus your question a bit tighter. It's not clear what you're asking - how to put up the save dialog? How to write the data out? How to archive? What?

A text view is a VIEW, so it's not responsible for saving the files. In the MVC paradigm, your files or an internal copy of them are the model, so saving them is the job of the controller.

Also, read this:

http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

--Graham