On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 2:09 AM, Darren Minifie <minof...@gmail.com> wrote:
> and still get 0x0 as the output.  Finally, when i try to set breakpoints in
> the callback, they never trigger the debugger.  I'm guessing this is because
> the callback is executing in another thread.

Unlikely. The debugger deals with multithreaded programs just fine. Do
the normal Xcode troubleshooting dance: restart the app, clean build
your app, turn off lazy symbol loading, whatever else comes to mind.

> My questions:
> 1. For the audio people, would this be how I could process each sample's
> value (as attempted within the code)?
> 2. Any advice on my debugging attempts?  Why are all my Logs printing as
> 0x0?  Why does the debugger not fire on breakpoints in the callback?

Are you sure UInt16 is the right type? Usually CoreAudio uses floats
when talking to applications.

You're probably better off posting to the coreaudio-api list, where
this stuff is more on topic. When you do so, post more of your code.
Your snippet is a little too constrained and doesn't have enough
context.

Mike