Hello list,

I have a document that has a dimension parameter (NSSize). I bound
this size to some text field using formatter. The formatter allows to
show size both in millimeters and inches. User may switch units by
NSPopupButton that is bound to shared user defaults controller. My
formatter reads user defaults each time it formats size to string.
This works fine, but my text field doesn't update automatically when I
change measurement units from inches to millimeters and back again.

I can observe user defaults and update each control manually, but I
have many such controls that bound to many other properties of the
document. Each control shows measurements and they all should be
updated according the new measurement unit selected. It is really hard
to have a list of those controls.

What is the correct way to do this?

Thank you.