On May 26, 2009, at 5:21 AM, Tomaž Kragelj wrote:

I'm (again) banging my head with a single window, multiple views app using core data. Each of my view is implemented within it's own NIB and handled by a NSViewController subclass. The views share the same data from the same MOC. Using the following core data model I cannot bind the data as I want:

Group <--->> Item

My intention is to show the list of items that belong to selected group. To do that, I add two NSArrayControllers to MainMenu.nib and setup their bindings, then expose the controllers through IBOutlet to my app delegate. This works as expected. Then I use a separate NIB with the view which handles the list of all groups. It also contains it's own NSArrayController instance (dragged from the palette) which is bound to the "master" controller from the app delegate. This works, it even supports binding the selection. However I'm not able to do the same for the items view (again in it's own NIB, handled by it's own NSViewController subclass) - the closest solution I came to was that ALL items for ALL groups were shown, however adding new ones (saving actually) failed since their group relation was not set...

I'm sure I'm missing something, can someone point me to a proper direction?

How are you binding the "item" array controller? It has to be bound to the group list array controller or to a property of the app delegate that depends on its selection.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.