In just over a year since the iPhone API was released, we’ve seen some incredible applications created. It’s clear that there are some really sharp developers in the iPhone community.

Do you have a really cool solution to a common problem? We’d love to hear it. We’re looking for bite sized recipes for our “iPhone Recipes” book to be published by the Pragmatic Bookshelf and edited by Mark Bates and Mike Mangino. This is your opportunity to show your chops to the community as a whole. In particular, we’re looking for easily understandable, general purpose recipes that aren’t already well documented.

To propose a recipe idea, here’s what we need from you:

A paragraph or two describing the problem that the recipe solves.
A sentence or two indicating what the solution will be.
The OS version(s) to which the recipe applies.

You should already have working code. You can send some along if it helps convey your idea.

Email your idea to us at submissi...@iphonerecipesbook.com by June 15th (or sooner!) for recipes that target only OS 2.2 features. If your recipe uses features of OS 3.0, please hold on to it until the NDA has been lifted. We’re targeting a July 1st deadline for OS 3.0 recipes, but we may need to delay that. We’ll let you know if we can use your recpie by June 25th. After that, you’ll work with Mark and Mike to get your recipe written and included in the book!

If your recipe is selected, your name, bio, and a link to your site/ blog will appear in the book. You’ll also receive a complimentary copy of the book, of course.

We look forward to working with you!

Mark Bates and Mike Mangino

--
Mike Mangino