On 27-May-09, at 8:41 AM, cocoa-dev-requ...@lists.apple.com wrote:

Well I am trying to find where is my mistake, since sometimes my
application crashes and I am quite (99.9%) sure that I am releasing a
object that shouldn't be.

Any ideas how to find such a bug?

As long as the crashes happen when you're running under the debugger, if you set in Xcode the five global breakpoints I list here

http://www.alexcurylo.com/blog/2008/11/13/tip-debugging-exceptions/

you'll catch every fatal occurrence (every likely fatal occurrence, anyways...) at the moment it occurs. Deducing the probable cause is then *much* less challenging. Downright trivial, generally.

--
Alex Curylo -- a...@alexcurylo.com -- http://www.alexcurylo.com/

Programming is like sex...
One mistake and you support it the rest of your life.