Greetings:
I'm working within the Cocoa/iPhone environment using SQLite as my persistent storage means (albeit, MySQL would be adequate as well). I want to create a digital library that stores images as BLOBs to be incorporated into an SQLite table.

So I need a simple OS X application (either an existing desktop application, or a simple command-line application) that can serialize a PNG image into a BLOB (keeping all metadata, etc.) for access by a SQLite (or any SQL-type DB) engine (used within a Cocoa/iPhone application).

Regards,

Ric.