On Jun 2, 2009, at 8:39 AM, Pierre Berloquin wrote:

Possible indeed but Quartz programming is seamless and less cumbersome.
I always tend to favor one-liners over many-liners.

I suppose what I'm trying to imply is that if you want to move a view, then move it instead of transforming it. Your not saving yourself anything in this case, but your imposing on the graphics system to do a matrix multiply when it may otherwise just use the geometry directly.

Either way, your going to have to keep track of how far you've moved the view. In your case it is by updating the tx & ty values in your transform matrix. If you move the view's center, then you are updating the view's center property. Either way its the same amount of work on yoru part.
--
David Duncan
Apple DTS Animation and Printing