On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 3:16 AM, Shawn Erickson <shaw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 4:44 PM, Ammar Ibrahim <ammar.ibra...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Excuse me for the silly question. But I'm going to be doing hundreds of
> > requests, and I have GC ON, how do I create these connections and retain
> > them?
>
> Not sure I understand the question but as a guess...
>
> Put them in an NSMutableArray or NSMutableSet if you need to keep
> track of them? Also don't forget that the delegate methods get passed
> a pointer to the connection sending the delegate message.

This is exactly what I did as shown in the code snippets below.
"connections" is a class instance of an NSMutableArray. Does this seems
correct? What's so weird is that I get a log on my HTTP server that the same
URL is being called twice!

NSMutableURLRequest *newReqGet = [[NSMutableURLRequest alloc] init];

[newReqGet setHTTPMethod:@"GET"];

[newReqGet setURL:[NSURL URLWithString:[@"/media"
stringByAppendingPathComponent:[currentTrack objectForKey:@"Persistent ID"]]
relativeToURL:[self serverBaseUrl]]];

 NSURLConnection *getConnection = [[NSURLConnection alloc]
initWithRequest:newReqGet
delegate:self startImmediately:YES];

 if (getConnection == nil) {

//connection couldn't be created!