It seems that bitmapImageRepForCachingDisplayInRect does not include the focus ring (I am using bitmapImageRepForCachingDisplayInRect on an NSView that encloses other views including the currently firstResponder NSTextField, so the focus ring is displayed on screen and is well within the bounds of the view passed to bitmapImageRepForCachingDisplayInRect. The NSTextField is included in the resulting image with the text highlighted in blue, so it knows it is the active first responder. But for some reason, the focus ring does not display.

I get the same results with another custom view that draws the focus ring with

                        NSSetFocusRingStyle( NSFocusRingOnly );
                        [[NSBezierPath bezierPathWithRect:focusRect] fill];

and the view shows up, selected and highlighted, but the focus ring does not show up.

Has anyone got a work around for this. I'm not even sure if this is working as designed or a bug in bitmapImageRepForCachingDisplayInRect (it seems odd that it displays the views selected but somehow avoids the drawn focus ring).

Thanks,
   Peter.

--
     Clipboard Switching and Macros with Keyboard Maestro

Keyboard Maestro <http://www.keyboardmaestro.com/> Macros for your Mac
<http://www.stairways.com/>           <http://download.stairways.com/>