hi!

I have a problem, getting a window in front by clicking a menu item;

In my xcode project I have a menuHandler, which has methods to create a menu, add items to that menu, delete items and so on.

My AppController knows about the menuHandler and creates an instance of it in the awakeFromNib function. There it tells the menuHandler to create a menu and add items to that menu.

One of that items has the title "open window x".
The method that generates this item in the menuHandler refers to the function "showWindow" inside itself
(setTarget:self).

I have created a window in the Interface Builder and have connected it with an IBOutlet NSWindow variable in the MenuHandler.

But the problem is, that the menu item does not do what it should do (invoke the window).

I know that it gets called, when I click on the item "open window x".
But all calls to the window are just ignored without a message in the log (like [myWindow makeKeyAndOrderFront:self]; [myWindow orderBack:self]; etc.)

Can someone help me on this?

I have also tried several options for the window in the IB ... no improvement ...