Hello,

I ma trying to mimic a grey color look of menus like in Apple Pro Apps.
I found a way how to change a background color of menu (top and bootom caps) and using custom View in NSMenuItem I can do what I need in NSView in a place of NSMenuItem (background, text, image). I am using this menu with NSPopButton and there are two problems I can't figure out: 1. when I open menu in NSPopUpButton, menu closes on MouseUp event in a parent window -> Should on MouseDown (actually, menu is recieving cancelTracking on MouseUp, but should on MouseDown). If I set this NSPopUpButton to [self setPullsDown:YES] it works (Menu closes at MouseDown) 2. I am highliting my NSViews checking for [[self enclosingMenuItem] isHighlighted]. The problem is that when menu is open for the first time, and let's say, menu item 1 with my NSView is highlighted, it doesn't recieve -(void)drawRect:(NSRect) rect message whn mouse moves to enother item. So, it stays highlighted. When I move mouse back to this item 1, and then to another item, item now recieves - (void)drawRect:(NSRect) rect message and unhighlighte itself.
The first problem is present also in Apple sample (MenuItemView).
Does anybody know a workaround ?
Thank you.

Peter