Hello,
I'm not sure I understand what is wrong with my program well enough to ask an intelligent question but here goes:

I have subclassed NSTextStorage. Everything works fine when I initially setup the text system objects; my NSTextView displays what I want it to. However, when I later call NSLayoutManager's replaceTextStorage:, it simply does not do anything. It doesn't complain or anything. If I check what that layout manager's associated text storage is immediately after calling replaceTextStorage, it is the old one. Nothing is logged, no exceptions are thrown, nothing changes.

Does this give anyone enough information to offer a suggestion?

Thanks,
   Philip White