Sorry,
Thanks for asking.

On the write, errno = 2 and strerrno(errno) returns "No such device or file".

On the read, errno = 35 and strerrno(errno) returns "Resource temporarily
unavailable".

Clearly the write is the issue, but the errno isn't making sense to me.

On 6/16/09 12:19 AM, "Andrew Farmer" <andf...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 15 Jun 2009, at 15:10, Vansickle, Greg wrote:
> With the write / read in place, although the write appears to work
> (numbytes returns 5),  the photometer does not respond (I get no
> "REMOTE" indication on the instrument panel. The subsequent read
> fails (returns -1).

This indicates that an error is occurring when you try to read from
the device. What shows up in errno when this occurs?