I have a pet theory about why IB is totally obvious at the first encounter for
some people and prompts other people to write about "...5 failed attempts (over
the
years) to learn IB..."

Before I share my theory and bias the responses, I hereby ask those readers
who resisted IB for a long time or never adopted it a few questions:

Did you have a firm intellectual concept of software objects and object
oriented programming before using IB ?
Did you consider yourself to be an intermediate or advanced C++ programmer
before using IB ?
Did you consider yourself an expert user of any other interface building tool
before using IB ?
Had you ever heard of the Model View Controller pattern before using IB ?
Had you ever made non-trivial use of COM, OLE, Active X, or Java Beans before
using IB?

If you have the time, I would love to read about the problems, misconceptions,
or dislike you have or had for IB.  Feel free to send email to me off-list.