Hi,

In an effort to create a less structured set of IB objects, I would like to 'tag' various IB elements.

For example, I might want to add a specific tag to a group of objects that I might later want to show or hide. I might want to grab values from only objects that contain some key word. And I might want to add or remove objects to the window at runtime, that won't be in the IB file to begin with.

I'd rather not have to keep creating instance variables and writing glue code to do this. And I'd prefer to not use bindings for this, since I'd ultimately like to use this same technique on the iPhone.

I could use the 'help' tag in OSX, but that's visible to the user. I could use the 'Interface Builder Identity' tag on the iPhone side, but that's AFAIK just used in IB itself.

Is there a way to add a tag an IB object in such a way that it is not visible to the user, but in such a way that I could reference it from my app?

Thank you,
-Chilton Webb