On Jun 18, 2009, at 11:39 AM, Stefan wrote:

I have 2 CGImageRef 'objects' which i have to compare.
That is working fine with the CFEqual function.
But i also need a valid (valid per contract) HashCode too.

The problem is now that these hashcodes are _always_ 0

A 0 hash code is valid (if somewhat useless). It just puts them all in the same bucket. If you want a better hash code, then you would have to implement that yourself (I would probably do something with the width, height, rowbytes and maybe some other parameters of the image.
--
David Duncan
Apple DTS Animation and Printing