Thanks for your reply.

However, even with CFStringGetCString() with the 2nd parameter "kCFStringEncodingUTF8" doesn't work correctly.

Laurent Cerveau wrote:
According to the doc it is completely OK for the CFString....Ptr to return NULL.
  CFStringGetCStringPtr()
  CFStringGetCharactersPtr()

These functions are provided for optimization only. They will either return the desired pointer quickly, in constant time, or they return NULL. They might choose to return NULL for many reasons; for instance it's possible that for users running in different languages these sometimes return NULL; or in a future OS release the first two might switch to always returning NULL. Never observing NULL returns in your usages of these functions does not mean they won't ever return NULL. (But note the CFStringGetCharactersPtr()
exception mentioned further below.)

What you do with falling back to CFStringGetCString is right

laurent