You can use IOKit UserLibg get the MAC hardware address. I did not retest it though (it comes from older code) so you probably have to check for small bugs.

laurent

kern_return_t           kernResult;
mach_port_t             masterPort;
io_service_t tmpService, controllerService;
CFDataRef macAddressData;
CFMutableDictionaryRef  classesToMatch;

        //Get the master port
kernResult = IOMasterPort(MACH_PORT_NULL, &masterPort);
        //Find the etherner 0 card criteria
classesToMatch = IOBSDNameMatching(masterPort,0,"en0");
        //find the corresponding service
tmpService = IOServiceGetMatchingService(masterPort, classesToMatch);
        // by asking for it specifically.
kernResult = IORegistryEntryGetParentEntry( tmpService, kIOServicePlane, &controllerService );

        //now we get the data and do something with them
macAddressData = (CFDataRef) IORegistryEntryCreateCFProperty ( controllerService,CFSTR(kIOMACAddress), kCFAllocatorDefault, 0);

        //release what is needed
CFRelease(macAddressData);
IOObjectRelease(controllerService);
IOObjectRelease(tmpService);