No, and AFAK, there is no way to capture the cursor. It is not part of the standard video pipeline and it is handle at the hardware level (by the graphic card directly). That said, it should not be difficult to draw a cursor using OpenGL before downloading the frame (in this sample , you may just draw the cursor before calling glReadPixel()).