Hello.

I am using a QTMovieView to play back a movie. I wish for there to be no
chance of user interaction with the movie: pure playback. The behavior is
window shows, movie auto-plays (QTMovieView takes up the whole of the window
content area), when movie is done the window closes.

I noticed if I clicked on the movie that it would stop the playback. I
didn't want this. So I subclassed QTMovieView and added empty overrides for:

-mouseDown:
-rightMouseDown:
-otherMouseDown:
-mouseUp:
-rightMouseUp:
-otherMouseUp:
-scrollWheel:

The methods are totally stubbed out, they are empty and do nothing. This
does seem to stop any sort of user interaction. FWIW, I have also set the
view to be not editable, disabled, no playback controls.

But I noticed an interesting thing.

If I right-click, there's no contextual playback menu displayed. But if I
control-(left) click, the playback menu is displayed.

How is this happening? How is it that I have stubbed out all of the various
mouse methods yet a control-click gets through?  And how can I get it to
stop?

As well, are there any other subtle user-interaction approaches that I may
need to add to my stub-out list?

Thank you.

--
John C. Daub }:-)>=