On 25/06/2009, at 12:38 PM, Graham Cox wrote:

No.

There are other ways however - search the documentation for "folder watching" and "kqueue". Uli Kusterer has a small easy-to-use class for this - UKKQueue.

I'd also recommend Stu Connolly's SCEvents class:

http://stuconnolly.com/blog/scevents-011/

This is a wrapper around FSEvents, which is what Spotlight etc uses to keep track of file changes. FSEvents is a newer API then kqueues and I found SCEvents much easier to implement than UKKQueue.

--
Rob Keniger