Hi Stephen,

thank you very much for taking the time to look at the given link and writing
this very nice response to me.

Think I was little confused so I mixed a few things that simply should stay
seperate.
(Managing resources in close() has simply nothing to do GarbageCollection. Some
activities may help the GC but it is not, what the main discussion was about
and it is (normaly) not required. And if something is required, there are
better ways e.g.  collectIfNeeded message gives a hint to the Garbage
Collector. )

The Garbage Collection Programming Guide from Apple holds a lot of nice
information and I simply should have readed that before I bothered the Mailling
List.
Sorry, if I confused anybody and thank you who tried to help me with their time
and answers.

With kind regards,

Konrad