Hello list,

suppose I have a nib file where the File Owner's class has outlets to some of the objects in the nib. When the nib is loaded, the connections are established and the outlet ivars in the (now actual) file owner point to the unarchived objects they're supposed to point to. All fine and dandy.

I have three questions:

1. Are the nib objects retained by the file owner object?

2. Does the answer to (1) change if the outlet ivars have been defined as properties? By that I mean, if the outlet ivars are defined as assigned or copied properties, rather than retained properties, does the nib-loading process respect those definitions?

3. What if the outlet ivars are not defined as properties?

Thanks in advance.
Wagner