Michael,

In IB, Bind the textField's and Slider's values to the model Key Path "selection.number".
What are you binding to here? The object controller?

Connect the NSOjectController's outlet ( cntrl-drag to foo).
You have an outlet on "Foo" for the Object Controller?

Another question, for the NSObjectController, do you have the check- box "Prepares Content" turned on in the inspector?

Kevin