On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 12:02:16 +1000, Graham Cox <graham....@bigpond.com> said:
>Hi all,
>
>I'm trying to link help buttons in my app to topics in my help book.
>
>I have a simple scheme where the (hidden) title of the button contains
>the anchor and I pass it to AHLookupAnchor. The help window opens as
>'untitled' with a blank content, but AHLookupAnchor returns noErr (0).
>I have checked that the help book is indexed correctly and have
>verified that the anchors are listed using the Unarchiver tool and
>that the anchor I'm testing with is listed. Note that my help book
>shows up in the Help menu and can be opened from there and browsed
>normally.
>
>Any other ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

My answer is not much help because I don't use AHLookupAnchor (I use
AHGotoPage). But it occurs to me that it might be best to ask on the Apple
Help Implementors list.

Since you appear to be doing everything correctly, my first suggestion would
be to clean out the help cache and restart the machine, because Help is
notoriously touchy, and blank pages are a typical sign of its touchiness.

I take it that anchor indexing is turned on in the Help Indexer prefs,
right? But I recommend that you *uncheck* "Use remote root" because this is
just the sort of thing that results in these blank hangs, while the Help
tries to connect to the Internet for no reason at all...

m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = m...@tidbits.com, <http://www.tidbits.com/matt/>
A fool + a tool + an autorelease pool = cool!