On Wednesday, July 01, 2009, at 02:51PM, "Duncan McGregor"
<dun...@oneeyedmen.com> wrote:
>Hi
>
>I'm writing PDF's with RubyCocoa, and want to set the current graphics
>context to a PDF context from CGPDFContextCreateWithURL so that I can
>draw on it.
>
>Essentially my code says (sorry, ObjC folks, Ruby follows)
>
>@pdf_context = CGPDFContextCreateWithURL(pdf_url, CGRectMake(0, 0,
>100, 100), nil)
>NSGraphicsContext.saveGraphicsState
>nscontext =
>NSGraphicsContext
>.graphicsContextWithGraphicsPort_flipped(@pdf_context, true)
>NSGraphicsContext.setCurrentContext(nscontext)
>
>My problem is that graphicsContextWithGraphicsPort:flipped: crashes
>RubyCocoa. It's a known issue, and has been fixed, but not shipped in
>10.5.7
>
>Can anyone suggest any workarounds that could get the pdf_context
>current?

If I understand... you're going all the way to NSGraphicsContext just to flip
the coordinate system?  That's a long row to hoe :-).

Try something like (typed into mail)

CGContextTranslateCTM(pdf_context, 0, 100); # where 100 is the height of the
context...
CGContextScaleCTM(pdf_context, 1.0, -1.0);

use that instead of trying to set the flipped bit.

Scott