David Blanton wrote:

I agree with your premise but my code is portable and runs on many other machines with 10.5.7 AND there are post all over the internet about apps such as MS Office and Safari crashing in the same lib.

List the assembly-language instructions of the function. The crash is at strlen+16 or strchr+10, so it shouldn't take much deciphering.

Another thing: list the instructions of the 10.5.6 functions, then list the 10.5.7 functions, and see if there's a difference.

Also, narrow down the exact model and CPU arch. "On iMacs" covers a wide range of possibilities.

  -- GG