On Jul 2, 2009, at 9:56 PM, Andrew Farmer wrote:

On 2 Jul 2009, at 16:29, Steve Christensen wrote:
If you want to make sure that you don't include any "old" code in your executable when you decide to make 10.5 (for example) your base OS version, you could arrange your code like this:

#if MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED < MAC_OS_X_VERSION_10_5
   if (SomeLeopardFunction == NULL)
       TigerFunction();
   else
#endif
       SomeLeopardFunction();

Preprocessor directives take effect at compile time, not at runtime.

Yes, I'm aware of that. My point was that by writing the code in this fashion, when you start building your software to -require- a minimum of 10.5, any pre-10.5 code will be compiled out because then MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED >= MAC_OS_X_VERSION_10_5 so all you're left with is the call to SomeLeopardFunction().