Point of order, you CAN use bindings in code, it's just far more convenient to do so in IB.

On Jul 7, 2009, at 1:59 PM, I. Savant wrote:

On Jul 7, 2009, at 4:48 PM, Jesse Armand wrote:

I'm not even familiar with Bindings, is it convenient to use ?

Once you understand all of its prerequisites, it can be. The better question to ask is "is it convenient to use in this particular scenario". The answer may be yes or no (perhaps emphatically).

I did an intensive development with Cocoa starting with Cocoa Touch,
so I'm used to using the equivalent UITableViewDataSource to populate
table views.

My understanding is there are differences in how the two work (from one platform to the other) but they are basically the same concept. I suggested it because "Bright" specifically mentioned (s)he used bindings but wants an approach "using code only". I assumed (s)he meant "not bindings". The only other way is the table datasource protocol.

--
I.S.

This email sent to danhd...@mac.com