I am working on an app which (among other things) draws a diagram which is likely to be too large for the window in which it is to be displayed. Obviously, this is a job for NSScrollView.

I have been perusing the documentation of NSScrollView, and I do not see an explicit statement of how to tell my scroll view the current size of its "document view." The Scroll View Programming Guide, in Creating and Configuring a Scroll View, has an example in which both the frame rectangle and the bounds rectangle are set to the size of the document view.

Based on the section How Scroll Views Work, I surmise that the scroll view uses the frame rectangle to determine the size of the document view. Have I got this right?

Christopher Henrich
chenr...@monmouth.com
mathinteract.com