I added an option to cancel some action in the middle of the action. The most convenient coding was to implement the cancel by calling undo in the NSUndoManager, but this adds a "Redo" action to redo the partial or incomplete changes (and leaves the data in a poor state).

I can either re-code the change process or for an alternative, is there a way to perform to top level undo without having it moved to the redo stack? Or, similarly, is there a way to perform an undo and then remove the top most item in the redo stack?