Hi,

I'm having the following problem:

- I'm opening a panel with a progress indicator
- I'm starting a new thread with a background function (via NSThread
detachNewThreadSelector)
- I do NSApp runModalForWindow: for the progress panel
- when the thread is finished, I close the progress panel ("orderOut:self")
and do [NSApp abortModal];

When my app finishes the background thread, the progress window closes as
expected, modal stops and the windows below get focus. But: only after an
event arrives (moving the mouse or hitting a key), the normal procedure of
the app continues (in my case an alert is supposed to open to show some
result of the just finished background processing, which does not open until
an event arrived).

What am I doing wrong?

greetings,

Thomas