On Jul 15, 2009, at 5:10 AM, Alexander Bokovikov wrote:

I'm rather new in XCode and Cocoa, so maybe it's my misunderstanding. Am I correct in my understanding, that I need to select 10.4 SDK in XCode project menu to create an application, compatible with both Tiger and Leo? I've got few errors in compilation when I choose 10.4 SDK.

For your case you'll need to set the SDK to 10.5 so that you can use Leopard-specific APIs. You'll also need to set the deployment target to 10.4 so that Xcode knows to build code that will also run on 10.4.

Some of these errors, like NSUInteger and CGFloat missing, I've fixed by appropriate basic types substituting. Nevertheless I still have one uresolved problem - kVK_XXXX constants are not found in 10.4 SDK, though they're OK with 10.5. I've tried to search in Google, but the only I've found was some FAQ, where it was suggested to use absolute path to the header file. I've tried it, but without luck. Though I use #import</System/Library/......./ Events.h> (what is shown in Get Info for that header in Finder) I still get the same error.

NSUInteger and CGFloat are only defined in the 10.5 SDK, even though they're perfectly fine data types on a 10.4 system. Any 10.5 C-style functions or constants will be weak linked so you'll need to check for their existence at runtime. Likewise you'll need to check for the existence of 10.5-only Cocoa methods using -respondsToSelector:.

What is strange for me, all works OK even without this #import clause when I'm using 10.5 SDK.