Hi,

I am still learning iPhone application development and I want to convert a
J2ME trading client application to an iPhone SDK application. I have already
developed an iPhone application that did not have any encryption published
at Apple AppStore. I have good knowledge with J2ME so I could understand
what is happening within it.

But I have an issue when I am thinking about converting that to iPhone one.
J2ME application uses BouncyCastle <http://www.bouncycastle.org/>J2ME crypto
API to encrypt strings. The client sends this to J2EE server. I haven't got
much idea about encryption stuff. And I found that iPhone has CommonCrypto
called library to encrypt information. Could anyone kindly tell that could I
use this for my purpose. I mean will it work with the Java Server. I do not
have much idea about Server part as well. But I could understand the J2ME
client.

I would be glad if any of you kindly point out some places or method to do
encryption I need for my application. Will it work with Common Crypto ?

Kind Regards,
Tharindu