I'm using code something like this to build a list of file types that my application can read:

NSArray *movieTypes = [[QTMovie movieFileTypes:QTIncludeCommonTypes] retain];
NSArray *imageTypes = [[NSImage imageFileTypes] retain];
allTypes = [[imageTypes arrayByAddingObjectsFromArray:movieTypes] retain];

Since I'm using QuickTime and NSImage to convert all of those formats into my own internal format, my application can handle most files that QuickTime or NSImage can.

Because I'm using those image type lists in my open panel, users can open any of those filetypes from within my app. However, users can't drop image or movie files onto my application, or open them in my app using the Finder's 'Open With' menu item because my Info.plist file doesn't list all of them (or any of them, actually).

Are there any options for having the Finder recognize that my app can read any file QuickTime can? Or do I need to manually maintain a list of filetypes in my Info.plist?

Thanks!
Andrew